Tuesday, March 31, 2009

YouTube Podcasts NetLibrary

YouTube - the video sharing website. I was excited to share a video my son Kyle (in red shorts) posted some time ago titled "Scranton Cliff Jumping at Step Falls" but I see the audio track has been disabled. Copyright laws caught up to him I guess. The video was nicely edited to the song "Paper Planes" by MIA and is just not the same without the music. Though as the mom it is hard to watch either way.



While YouTube is known for the interesting videos posted by true amateurs and some budding artists it looks like networks will be joining the site with movies and music and of course advertising. I see where Disney television will be posting short videos in the coming weeks.

Libraries are bound to have uses for YouTube and other video sites. Could be to highlight and promote library programs, share instructional videos, and even run a class in creating a video and posting to YouTube.

PODCASTS Reviewed some podcast directories and found podcasts that were interesting and added them to my bloglines account.
The Library of Congress podcasts featured author interviews from the 2008 National Book Festival and I truly enjoyed listening to some of the Music and the Brain series.
The PBS American Experience is another great one - shared it with my daughter who is a HS history teacher in Maryland.
The NPR Podcast Directory will lead you to all kinds of great podcasts or you can build your own customized podcast by combining a variety of programs.

NetLibrary I have a NetLibrary account through my local library. We can download eBooks through NetLibrary and have available almost 4,000 eBooks. For years I had quite a daily commute and have taken advantage of the great collection of books on audio tape and CD from the library and can download audiobooks through my library with ListenNJ

No comments:

Post a Comment