I am new to RSS but found it easy to set up a Bloglines account and subscribe to numerous RSS feeds. Most were related to book reviews, local and world news, library news and librarian blogs and of course news of the Chicago Bears. Actually I think I have started off with a little too much, for I am not sure when I will find the time to read all that I have subscribed to. I'll spend some time reviewing these feeds initially but am sure to scale it down. While I can see the benefit of newsreaders especially for those that routinely follow specific websites and blogs I am not sure how dedicated I will be to this account. I'd like to check out Google Reader and other alternatives.
I explored some of the search tools that help in finding news feeds. While Feedster did not seem to work I was able to play with Topix.net, Technorati, and Syndic8.com. While I was able to maneuver through them, until I have a specific search that would require this type of tool, I think I will most likely add feeds to my newsreader as a site or blog becomes of interest to me.
Welcome to "Learning 2.0" 550 Spring 2010
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment